How It Works... your step-by-step guide
- You can search by where you want to live. We cover a very wide area emanating out of Ilford, Essex. If you don’t find what you are looking for call us, as we are always adding new places to live to our property portfolio, or alternatively sign up to our database to receive news on properties as they come to the market
- On our website you will have the chance to view all properties in great detail, including many pictures, location and detailed description
- Once you have narrowed down your search why not book a viewing. You will be accompanied by one of property experts who are able to answer any questions you might have. All of our experts are trained in everything about the property, the area and the nitty gritty of renting your next home.
All our experts are trained in safe Covid-19 viewing and have everything covered to make your viewing experience second to none.
- Move in day. Once you have gone through our easy onboarding process, including all the usual checks, time to take the keys and settle into your new home
- Although the moving out might seem overwhelming, at Spencer Curtis our ‘moving out’ process is designed to make it as painless as possible. If everything goes to plan, all you need to do is just hand back your keys, and we will return your deposit*.
*Please see our guide on Permitted payments and tenant protection information.
Move in checklist
On the day you move into your new home there are a number of things that you should check.
- The inventory – Do a walkthrough of your new home and check everything off against the supplied inventory. If there’s anything missing, or you are not sure about let us know.
- Check the final utilities meter reading. We will supply these to you.
- Check the gas safety certificate is valid
- Test, test, test – Do be sure to check everything is in working order. Make sure all the lightbulbs work and test the fire alarm (It is your landlord’s responsibility to ensure that fire safety is in place).
- Check all the curtains and curtain rails or blinds are operational
- Test taps, showers and WC’s are all in working order.
Any questions you have please do ask. We are there to help you enjoy your new home as much as possible.
Move out checklist
Moving out can be an overwhelming process for some people. At Spencer Curtis we try and keep this as easy as possible. Below are a few steps to help you along the way. Do make sure you have a copy of the inventory you agreed to when commencing the tenancy. This inventory helps you prepare for check-out as it will detail the contents of each room and the condition of the property in general.
- Council tax – contact your local authority and let them know you are moving out
- Utilities – Advise your utility suppliers that you will be leaving and provide them with a final meter reading on check out. This final meter reading will be used in order to close your account. Providers may include:
- Water and sewerage
- Telephone and broadband
- Media services including Sky or Cable
- TV licence
- Key holders for the alarm
- Contact anyone that may hold personal details for you to provide a change of address.
- Check inventory
- Remove your possessions
- Lock up
- Cancel your standing order mandate with your bank
- Deposit return
Should you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us [email protected]